Lead Accountant - Statutory Financial Reporting - Insurance Industry
Excellent opportunity to join one of Nebraska’s most admired / respected companies in this key role. Numerous key leaders in this large company’s finance function spent time in this prestigious role and we are searching for a driven individual to step into this position and grow within the company as our client is searching for a future leader in this role.
- You will be the quarterback of the statutory reporting process for multiple entities; our client is searching for an experienced statutory reporting professional who understands the nuances and complexities of the insurance industry
- Research new codification, guidance and analyze the impact of new pronouncements on this organization and communicate your findings to leaders as you work to apply new standards
- We are searching for a highly collaborative individual who would enjoy partnering, communicating and teaming up with numerous individuals across the accounting and finance team
- Take ownership for key management reporting dashboards as your insights will provide data to executives that will be used constantly in key decision making
- Our client is seeking a process improvement minded individual who enjoys diving into new technology tools to fully utilize and understand new softwares
Join a team that is full of joy - this team is supportive of each other, has fun both at the office and outside of work and work for a leader with a wealth of experience who will train and mentor you and help you acclimate to the organization. EXCELLENT pay, benefits, retirement plan, countless perks and excellent career path for growth while maintaining work-life balance!
For immediate consideration or to learn more, please call Jeff Kovar at 402-334-4800 *216 or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Job Number 8825JK.
The Right Match - The First Time
Your Confidentiality is Our Priority; Hemphill will NOT Forward Your Resume Without Your Approval.
Hemphill Voted – “Best Employment Firm” by Omaha’s Business Leaders & B2B Magazine in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, & 2021!
Omaha Chamber of Commerce Top 25 – “Excellence in Business Award Winner” based upon our growth and commitment to quality.
***Never a fee to our applicant***
402-334-4800 ext. 216
Jeff has more than 10 years of experience within accounting and financial recruiting. A key factor in Jeff's success is his passion to build long-standing relationships while focused on an in-depth understanding of the strengths, interests, and career goals of each individual he works with. Jeff takes pride in his role, and knows that helping an individual step up to a position where they are focused on their strengths, while having the opportunity to grow professionally, are key factors in identifying the "right match." "It is incredibly rewarding to know that we have helped make a real difference in the life of an individual when we place them into a company where they are well positioned for success, happiness, and career growth."
Jeff understands that the biggest factor contributing to the success of a leader is their ability to identify, hire, develop, and retain high quality employees. Jeff is tenacious in his recruitment and careful while selecting individuals who will be successful and happy in their new position long-term. It is all about the "right match" so, Jeff pushes himself to make sure that the companies and the individuals we assist have found the right solution!
Jeff graduated from Millard South High School where he played basketball and was active in student council. Jeff had fun while investing six years coaching youth basketball in the Omaha Parochial Athletic League and the Millard Junior High feeder league. Jeff studied Pre-Law at the University of Nebraska at Omaha, and then transferred to Creighton where he switched his major to Organizational Communication. Prior to joining Hemphill Search Group, Jeff worked in corporate foreign currency exchange, with Travelex and Custom House, who are both now owned by Western Union Business Solutions.
Jeff and his wife Jenny grew up in Omaha and met while in High School. They are very active and enjoy playing golf, traveling, and cheering the Cornhusker Football and Basketball teams, and they are also enthusiastic Creighton Basketball fans. Jeff and Jenny have a young and growing family, with son Connor, and daughters Kate and Grace.