Director, Finance & Accounting - Local Organization with 50+ Years of Success - HEMPHILL EXCLUSIVE
Stable, strong organization that has been in business for half a century is searching for a new financial leader to head up all aspects of accounting and finance. This mid-sized business has revenues around $30 million and over 100 employees and is excited to hire a strategic leader to become a key member of the management team. This is a great role for a hands on leader who would enjoy joining a tight-knit, cohesive team full of dedicated, friendly, and genuine leaders.
- Oversee and lead a small team handling accounting and budgeting / forecasting duties; you will have the ability to evaluate the size of the team and make strategic changes…this company is excited for finance to become more involved and active in the company’s strategy and execution and they are looking to empower a leader to build out their team as needed
- Partner with leaders across the organization to help set the company’s strategic plan and vision for the future
- Oversee and take ownership for complex accounting tied to strategic initiatives and capitalize on opportunities in the marketplace
- Take ownership for External Audit coordination and relationship management
- Lead the annual budgeting process and own the quarterly amendment process
- Inspire your team to look for process improvement opportunities and upgrade / automate processes within accounting and finance function
- Collaborate with divisional leaders and help them run their business units more strategically
- Oversee all accounting, monthly close and reporting
This is a great role for someone who wants a seat at the table and a real opportunity to make an impact. You will have the trust and autonomy to make a measurable impact here and the ability to move quickly with very little red tape. This is a rare opportunity to step into a well-established and successful organization that has never had a strong financial leader in place…this will be a fun opportunity to make a big impact quickly. Our client offers exceptional pay, benefits and a supportive, friendly environment full of loyal, intelligent staff.
To learn more details about this opportunity, call Jeff Kovar at (402)334-4800 *216 for a confidential conversation or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Job Number 9081JK.
The Right Match - The First Time
Your Confidentiality is Our Priority; Hemphill will NOT Forward Your Resume Without Your Approval.
Hemphill Voted – “Best Employment Firm” by Omaha’s Business Leaders & B2B Magazine in
2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, & 2022!
Omaha Chamber of Commerce Top 25 – “Excellence in Business Award Winner” based upon our growth and commitment to quality.
***Never a fee to our applicant***
402-334-4800 ext 216
Jeff has more than 15 years of experience within accounting and financial recruiting. A key factor in Jeff's success is his passion to build long-standing relationships while focused on an in-depth understanding of the strengths, interests, and career goals of each individual he works with. Jeff takes pride in his role, and knows that helping an individual step up to a position where they are focused on their strengths, while having the opportunity to grow professionally, are key factors in identifying the "right match." "It is incredibly rewarding to know that we have helped make a real difference in the life of an individual when we place them into a company where they are well positioned for success, happiness, and career growth."
Jeff understands that the biggest factor contributing to the success of a leader is their ability to identify, hire, develop, and retain high quality employees. Jeff is tenacious in his recruitment and careful while selecting individuals who will be successful and happy in their new position long-term. It is all about the "right match" so, Jeff pushes himself to make sure that the companies and the individuals we assist have found the right solution!
Jeff graduated from Millard South High School where he played basketball and was active in student council. Jeff had fun while investing six years coaching youth basketball in the Omaha Parochial Athletic League and the Millard Junior High feeder league. Jeff studied Pre-Law at the University of Nebraska at Omaha, and then transferred to Creighton where he switched his major to Organizational Communication. Prior to joining Hemphill Search Group, Jeff worked in corporate foreign currency exchange, with Travelex and Custom House, who are both now owned by Western Union Business Solutions.
Jeff and his wife Jenny grew up in Omaha and met while in High School. They are very active and enjoy playing golf, traveling, and cheering the Cornhusker Football and Basketball teams, and they are also enthusiastic Creighton Basketball fans. Jeff and Jenny have a young and growing family, with son Connor, and daughters Kate and Grace.